Summer Vacation: 5 Best Family Cars for Your Roadtrip
Everyone wants to be able to get into the “best car”. They want to have the set of wheels that will combine the best of all of the worlds, the best fuel economy, the best cargo space, the best passenger space, the best handling, the best bells and whistles, the best price for value, the best reliability, the best overall performance, the best durability in harsh weather, the best safety features, the best acceleration and, to top it all off, the best look and overall appeal.
This is a little bit silly and whimsical, as to really excel in a few categories usually means you have to sacrifice other categories. But not always. Car technology is getting better and better as the years go by, and now people are finding that the “do it all” cars are quite appealing. For example, the truck market is especially booming, because people can get big trucks with lots of passenger space, cargo space, durability, high performance, acceleration, good handling, and high safety standards. Of course the sacrifice there is in the gas mileage.
Finding the Best Family Cars
People want affordable family cars. People also want safe cars for families too. Listed below are five of our top picks for what we feel are the best family cars out there that won’t break the bank, but which also don’t skimp out in the safety department either:
- 2013 Volvo XC 60. Starting price: $34,350. The 2013 Volvo XC 60 is a great family car. This car is loaded with family friendly safety features including low speed collision avoidance, a blind spot warning system, and pedestrian detection. The car even has a “driver attention monitor”. The car will talk to you if it thinks you’re getting tired or drowsy!
- 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen diesel. Starting price: $25,795. The 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen diesel is the best bang for your buck as far as space goes. It ranks in at a pretty low cost for a VW, but the space and the room of the car is exceptional!
- 2013 Toyota Sequoia. Starting price: $42,455. This is the “go big or go home” SUV. The hulking beast can tow up to 7,400 pounds. The big car seats eight passengers and still has nineteen cubic feet of cargo room with all seats in place, which switches to sixty-seven feet with the back seats taken out. The car also has blind spot detection and rear seat DVD entertainment options too.
- 2013 Toyota Prius V. Starting price: $26,650. For the fuel conscious buyer who still wants a car for the family, the 2013 Toyota Prius V is a good choice. This beauty combines forty-two miles per gallon and boasts sixty-seven feet of cargo space. This car gets three times the gas mileage of the Sequoia and has the same amount of cargo space.
- 2013 Nissan Altima (NSANY). Starting price: $21,760. For families who want to go the distance in a four door sedan, the 2013 Nissan Altima is a great choice. Affordable, thirty-three miles to the gallon, and comfortable, this car may not look like a family travel vehicle, but it can go the distance with all the rest.
Finding the Right Family Vehicle with Professional Motor Sales
If you are in the market for getting a vehicle that is great for the whole family to pile into, call us at Professional Motor Sales at 844-582-6845 or come in and see us today. We will be more than happy to help you find the right family vehicle for you!