5 Signs It’s Time to Breakup with Your Car Dealer
- March 20, 2017
- Posted by admin
- Comments Off on 5 Signs It’s Time to Breakup with Your Car Dealer
The whole subject of human relations is a topic that we could get into quite extensively and write a very long article about. Human relations and how we interact with others affect us on a day-to-day basis and makes a lot of differences in how different parts of our life turn out. This could include something as simple as the people we go to for all of our car and automotive needs, including when it’s time to get a car worked on or when it’s time to upgrade to a different classic car.
Classic automotive dealerships are not very common. It is a niche market to say the least and each state generally speaking only has a few of them. This is one reason of many why we tend to feel pretty loyal to our classic automotive dealerships. However, once in a while we will feel the need to cut the ties with our automotive dealership. How do you know when it is the right time to cut ties with your current dealership? How do you know when it is right to do this? How can you tell when enough is enough and it’s time to cut ties with a dealership that might have been servicing you for many years? There are a few signs that it’s time to sever those ties and move on to another dealership:
- They just straight up do not care about you anymore. Do you ever feel like your classic auto dealer is not giving you the right amount of attention? Do you ever feel like they’re simply not servicing you as much as they used to? This could be a good sign it’s time to move onto another dealership.
- Do you feel like the follow up at your dealership is not as good as it used to be? One of the important things about buying a classic is to treat it like a long-term investment. One does not buy a classic car simply to use it a lot for several years and then trade it in for something else. A classic auto dealership needs to have exemplary follow-up skills, and they need to be able to keep in touch with you long after your initial purchase. If your dealership is no longer doing this with you then it might be time to move on.
- Are the pricing options at your dealership not as great as perhaps they used to be? Another sign that it is time to move onto another dealership is that the pricing options just are not as great as what they once were.
- Is the inventory not that great? A classic car purchase is a big thing. You want to be able to get the right car that you want, as you are the one spending a pretty hefty amount of money to get it. A classic car dealership needs to have a pretty large inventory to be able to meet the needs of a wide variety of different customers.
- Does your dealership not handle complaints or upset customers very well? A classic automotive car dealership needs to be able to roll with the punches of the industry. Just like with any other service industry, there will be calls, complaints, and criticisms. If your dealership does not take these to heart and hear about your considerations and concerns, it might be time to move onto another one.
There are other signs in addition to the above. These are the main ones. Be sure you know you are doing the right thing before you sever ties with your dealership, but don’t be afraid to do it.